Do you want to help grow our organisation?
Position: Project Manager – Tackling Modern Slavery in the Construction Industry
Contract: part-time 16 hours/week
Location: Remote (based in the UK) / London
Salary: commensurate with experience
Starting date: asap
Who we are
Stronger Together is a business-led, multi-stakeholder collaborative initiative whose purpose is to support organisations to tackle modern slavery within their businesses and supply chains. We work on a non-profit basis and provide clear guidance and pragmatic resources and training to support employers and labour providers in at risk sectors to deter, detect and deal appropriately with forced labour, labour trafficking and other hidden labour exploitation.
We launched our “Tackling Modern Slavery in the Construction Industry” programme this year with our development partner the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), which we are rolling with 4 large UK construction companies. This programme follows the success of our consumer goods programme with the 9 largest UK supermarkets. We are also rolling out our model into global supply chains.
To manage the new collaborative industry programme to tackle modern slavery in the construction sector in the UK led by Stronger Together.
We have started rolling out the programme with four key construction companies. The purpose of this new role is to provide strategic input in, help administer, manage and grow the programme. In this role you will build on the many opportunities to engage and work with the established construction steering group and their sub-contractors and suppliers, as well as to engage more companies in the programme.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to manage this exciting new project, to ensure the project delivers on targets, on-time, on-budget, in line with agreements and to the organisational objectives and guidelines. As well as, to ensure Stronger Together continues to develop guidance and good practice in this sector and works successfully with the development partner the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Who you are
- An experienced project manager with an in-depth understanding of the construction industry and senior experience in business engagement/developing and managing senior management corporate sponsor relations
- A professional who has worked with or within the construction sector on responsible business behaviour and with a good knowledge/understanding of modern slavery
- A great organiser, with the ability to set and meet demanding targets and deadlines, and to hold others accountable to those
- Someone with an interest in being involved in operations as well as strategic thinking
- An excellent communicator, with experience of developing and building new successful working relationships with a range of stakeholders, as well as confidence in representing the programme professionally at a variety of events
- A motivated and enthusiastic worker, able to work independently and with remote colleagues/stakeholders, delivering day-to-day workload with minimal supervision
- Someone with a good eye for detail, whilst retaining sight of the bigger picture.
How to apply
Contact email@example.com for the complete Job Description and with any questions.
Please send us your CV and motivation letter (max 1 side of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 6th November at noon. Please mark it ‘FAO: Jantine’ and include ‘Construction Project Manager Application’ in the subject line.
Interviews: Monday 13th and Wednesday 15th November
This post was written by Stronger Together